Re: [MV] Another CUCV glowplug story

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 22:29:49 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Maynard" <mike@wesleyscott.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2004 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] Another CUCV glowplug story

> Chance... the relay I was referring too was a newer one yet.
> It was gray in color, and used the new water tight plugs that
> GM has (well new in the late
> 80's.)

Was it a medium gray coloured bakelite/plastic kind of relay with the two
large studs with nuts like the standard relays in addition to about a
five-six contact multipin connector? If so, that's the newer style one that
came with the later model civilian 6.2 and 6.5 diesel vehicles. I have one
of those in the company's ex-Air Force Chevy crew van w/6.2 NA, and another
in our prototype 8-wheel Stryker kinda vehicle with the 6.5 Turbo. I was
going to look into buying those to replace the automatic setup in the CUCVs,
but never got around to looking up the GM p/n. I haven't had one of those
type fail yet, but neither of those vehicles have done anything like the
mileage our CUCVs have, so maybe it's too early to tell.