Re: [MV] The future: In armour/camo

From: Ken Boge (ken@clovermachine.com)
Date: Sun Dec 19 2004 - 11:04:17 PST

> Dear Ken,
> I note with interest that where as your Gallon is smaller
> than ours , your hairs are thicker at 4.87thou " as opposed to the UK
> standard of 4 thou" . Please explain ¿
>
> best wishes Noel
My pleasure.

When the journalists decided on the hair standard the NIST was compelled to
locate and preserve one standard hair unit. In order to avoid the
appearance of bias towards any particular color of hair or any particular
race, religion or ethnic group, the NIST decided to turn to the animal
community as a donor of the standard hair unit.

To spend the taxpayers money most efficiently, they sent an expedition to
darkest Africa in hopes of locating an obscure group of gorillas that had no
previous contact with humans. On the north shore of the Wombasi River at
its confluence with the Nagamansi River in south central Africa they located
such a herd. After much consternation and argument amongst themselves, they
decided that one of the 600 lb. male silverbacks would provide the ideal
standard hair unit they were seeking. Only two members of the expedition
escaped alive. They did manage to grab one hair in their haste to leave the
area. This single gorilla hair is now the standard hair unit on display at
the NIST along with a plaque commemorating the courage of those who gave
their lives for this noble cause.

Footnote:
Half the pack of gorillas died from a disease carried by one of the
expedition members and the other half were slaughtered by poachers. Seems
the Chinese believe that sucking on a gorillas ear lobe is some sort of
aphrodisiac. If its an aphrodisiac for the gorilla or the Chinese is not
clear but 2 billion Chinese can't be wrong.

Please note:
I feel I am about to be expelled from this list for non-compliance to on
topic rules. If you have any further questions please go to:
www.whatthehellareyoutalkingabout.com

Ken