Re: [MV] The future: In armour/camo

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 08:38:51 PST

"The uniform might be made out of fabric treated with another technology
featured in the conference's exhibit hall, shear thickening fluid.
Unofficially referred to by some as liquid body armor, STF is made of equal
parts polyethylene glycol - an inert, non-toxic thickening agent used in a
variety of common products, like some ice creams - and <miniscule> glass
particles, said Eric Wetzel, who heads the STF project team in the Weapons
and Materials Research Directorate of the U.S. Army Research Laboratory. "

Ah...once again, we have the old situation; illiterate civil servants,
funded with MY hard-earned money, trying to sound erudite. As an amateur
proof-reader and professional ball-buster, I would like to point out to the
experts, especially Mr. Eric Wetzel, that credibility starts with one's
precise use of language. The word, Eric, is "minuscule" not "miniscule". I
would not trust even such a (self-) important-sounding organization as "The
Weapons and Materials Research Directorate of the U. S. Army Research
Laboratory" (whatever that is) to design my Buck Rogers zoot suit, if they
can't even afford a dictionary or know how to use "spellcheck".

apb