Re: [MV] Rust

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 14:43:09 PST

The are most likely parked slightly inland or garaged.
 I suspect they give them a quick rinse off almost
daily too, why not? Those vehicles had less rust
protection than today's vehicle for sure, so it just
figures that more care has to be taken not to let them
get rusty.

I had a newer Mercedes and it was in Hawaii for almost
6 years and it had zero rust, but again, it was
garaged slightly inland and most definately rinsed off
frequently and watched closely for any signs of rust.

The people in the condos on the ocean with open
parking could virtually watch their cars turn to rust,
washing or not.

Nothing metal lasts for long in the islands unless
serviced regularly. Example: A/C units in houses will
rust out long before they wear out. My other place on
the ocean had to have the wall unit replaced about
every 5 years.