Re: [MV] New batteries in M35...very slight spark when connecting ground

From: Squirt_Truck (squirt_truck@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 18:16:57 PST

First, does the truck have and alternator or a
generator?
If a generator, look for something left on or a bad
voltage regulator.
If an alternator, some leakage, enough to spark is
normal, it is passing through the diodes in the
recitifier (spelling....).
Easy to check the leakage is to use a small test
light, connect it between the ground cable and the
negative batttery post. A faint glow is acceptable, if
the lamp is bright you have a bad diode.

My truck does the same thing and will sit for months
without killing the batteries and I have not upgraded
to a solargizer or such as yet.

Hope this helps,
Squirt_Truck