Re: [MV] 12v froma 24 system

From: dmaguire@mchsi.com
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 07:19:03 PST

Hi Mike,

I do this on my wrecker and never had a problem. That being said, the one
hitch that popped up on the thread regarding battery tenders is that you can
have problems using a 24V external charging system (which I do) if the loads on
the batteries to be unequal (which they are). I am going to switch my trailer
power over to an existing 24V->12V converter because of it, but am interested
in peoples views as to how big of an issue it might be.

In case it matters, I am running (2) Northstar G2700s
(http://www.northstarbattery.com/engine_start.php) in place of the 6TLs that I
was having trouble finding locally. The 2700s are the biggest Northstars that
can be shoehorned into an M62 battery box. Not cheap, but so far these are the
cat's pajamas for a 5-ton sport/touring vehicle.

HTH,
Dan
Auburn, IN