Re: [MV] Heading for the scales

From: grntrks@juno.com
Date: Wed Dec 22 2004 - 20:37:51 PST

Your medical exam must be within 1 year AND you must have a negative drug
test also, if you drive a commercial vehicle. And the med. card must be
on your person. I have only been checked at 1 weigh station, so far, but
they checked my CDL, and my med card and my drug test slip, along with
every nut and bolt on the rig. The trooper gave me a Level 1 inspection =
checked my registration ( truck & trailer ), inspection stickers on both,
my bill of lading and manifests, insurance cab card, Texas DOT authority
certificate ( I run intrastate only ). I had to show him my safety
triangles and fire extinguishers ( 1 is required but, I carry 2 ). He
called the county sheriff's office and verified my weight registration
for the truck and trailer. He checked under the hood, all the tires and
lights. windshield wiper operation and had me prove the trailer brakes
worked. Now this is the wierd part: he never weighed the rig ( I was
legal - had it weighed at a truck stop before starting on the trip ).
I guess what I'm trying to say is get your ducks in a row and double
check every thing before you get caught by a random check at a scale.
Preparation is MUCH cheaper than the fines.

Frank Cox ' Nam 1966
MVPA 14530
'45 GMC 353 DUKW
"On-A-Mission" hot shot trucking