Re: Emailing: MVC-005F

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Dec 22 2004 - 20:37:25 PST

Hey Lar, yup did all those things and I "think" I got
it narrowed down to the only area it could be.

Looking at my process of elimination:

1. I used another spark plug (new) no diff
2. Used another plug wire, no diff.
3. Used another old dist cap in place of the one with
a busted post, still did the same thing.

But, I think was that second distributor cap really
that good? Ok, the chance of two distributers
misfiring from the same lobe is pretty unlikely.
Besides both checked out good on the resistance test
and neither had any cracks or signs of damage.

Now the only thing I can think of thats left, well, I
can't really check. That's the "electronic ignition
parts", not much to check either, its real simple.

All you got is this coil of wire sealed in plastic
that fits around the cam lobe like a donut.

Then you got the little magnetic pickup small square
piece of metal so that everytime the cam goes around
it fires into the rotor, and the electricity is
transfered thru the dist. cap to the post, down the
plug wire and to the plug, but in my case it barely
lights up the plug, a tiny visible spark is all I am
getting.

The other three plugs are hot!

But, how could the electronic part, if it is that part
thats bad ONLY fire selectively bad on just the number
3 hole? It can't, right?

Keep in mind I have checked for rust, corrosion,
foreign matter, cracks, conductivity, even
compression, all look great. ARRRRRGGGGGGgggg!