Re: Re: [MV] 5T turbo usage

From: rcakitty@verizon.net
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 07:36:20 PST

You confuse me with your reply. The only useage of the Hercules LDS 465-2 engine is the M-656 series Ford built 8x8's. If the 900's you worked on had turbos - they were the Cummins 6CTA8.3 rated at 250HP. The 800 series and the early 900 series trucks were equipped with the Cummins NHC-250 (NA) rated at 240HP. To go further with this thread, it is my opinion that the military basically specified HP in their bids and, probably, took 'low bid' hence the back and forth between NA and Turbocharged engines. Robert Anderson 12/28