Re: [MV] 5T turbo usage

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 07:38:13 PST

It was my thinking that they didn't have a turbo simply because it wouldn't
fit the engine compartment and on the later 900 series they had to use a
smaller (physical size) engine to get the turbo in. The early 900 used the
250 the later ones used NTC-400(?).

you wrote "and to simplify operations. (no extend warm-up and no cool-down
required) and still have the restricted power requirement that the military
wanted."

My M816 has labels that say it has to have warm-up and cool-down time or did
you mean just less time than a duce?

I don't understand "restricted power requirement that the military wanted"
what does that mean?
Power vs Speed?
Thanks, Wayne