Re: [MV] Cattle cars

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 22:42:28 PST

Everette This is the New Army. In my Basis days (1970 Ft. Jackson, SC "Tank
Hill") we also marched and/or ran everywhere we went but I did find out that
the Army had "wheels" a few of us was called out for duty elsewhere on post
and on the way there, we was asked how many had Driver licenses, Well hoping
for a chance to drive something I raised my hand and then learned a lesson
that stayed with me the rest of my military days. Never volunteer anything!
When we got there I was put in charge of "Driving" the wheelbarrow. BTW My
granddaughter just finished Basis at Fort Leonard Wood and when she came
home, one of the things I wanted to know is how often did she have KP duty
and she had no idea what that was. Another proud Army tradition has fallen!
Wayne

PS I found this on the web and enjoyed very much. It's a recruit story of
Basis training

http://dogtags.risawn.com/2004/11/joining.html