Re: [MV] troop trailers

From: Brian Placzankis (plaz@mac.com)
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 21:41:59 PST

Besides "Cattlecars" they were also called "Silversides".

I remember them from 1988 at Ft Lewis for the ROTC Cadet training. For
all I know they still might use them there - I might have seen one when
I was there last July.

I remember field equipped (LBE's, Rucks, Weapons & Miles Gear) 4 squad
platoons were commonly stuffed into one of them. It was actually kind
of safer (well - at least it seemed that way) once that excessive
amount was stuffed in because we could all sort of mutually brace each
other. When less densely packed, troops and equipment tended to shift
and topple over more often.

They were also definitely still in use at Lostinthewoods in 1990.

"Make your buddy smile"

plaz
1985 M1008