Re: [MV] Cattle cars

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 07:07:19 PST

I do not know how lucky Joe Young was in those days. I was part of the
Engineers that formed the "SCARWAF" Special Category Army Attached With Air
Force. We built the First Air Field at Fort Leonard Wood MO & then were
attached to the Air Force at Wolters AFB in Mineral Wells TX. We built
Air Field Extensions & many Road & Sewer Line Projects.

That was nice duty in those days, since most Army members were being sent to
Korea. It seems strange now, while looking back, but when I requested a
transfer to get Overseas Duty, I was transferred into the 1902 EAB & went to
the Bahama Islands to work on an Air Strip on Mayaguana Island.

Joe Young was not on our Island.

Tom McHugh, NJ