Re: [MV] M1008 load carrying capacity question

From: Jeff Gatton (jdgatton@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 17:58:39 PST

What's a few hundred pounds over limit amongst
friends?? 3000 lbs is close enough for gov't work to
2500 lbs. That's why they make the "fudge factor".

I've hauled 9400 lbs of gravel on a 10,000 capacity
trailer behind a '74 1/2 ton Chevy truck (454 cid).
Wasn't much fun when it started fishtailing at about
45 mph....don't want to do that again very soon.

Jeff

--- Stephen L Dussetschleger <dussetschleger@juno.com>