Re: [SPAM] Re: [MV] Ignition Settings - Solid State

From: Buzz (buzz@softcom.net)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 21:32:30 PST

Jack,
You can replace the wire inside the spark plug cables yourself.
Try this, use a needle nose plier to hold the wire then unscrew the spiral end. It might be a left
hand thread, I don't remember. Then slip the rubber seals off of the wire and you'll find that you
are left with a wire in a flexible metal tube. Tie a piece of string on the end off the wire then
pull it out from the other end. The string will make it easier to pull a new wire in. I got new
silicone wire at NAPA, I think that it was 7mm.
If ya wanna make a shorter cable start with a cable that has a soldered end, some of the newer
cables are crimped. Unsolder the end, then tin the cable where you wanna cut it, use a hack saw or
a cutting wheel to make the cut, then solder the end back on. Don't forget to put the nuts on
before you solder the end on :-(
Also..... since the coil is in the distributor you can remove the distributor, cables and plugs,
then connect 24V and as you turn the shaft each plug will spark, (or not as the case may be).

Buzz