Re: [MV] Tsunami, OT

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 21:20:45 PST

We all know this is about saving lives and rebuilding,
the "who gives what" part is just a minor footnote...

Here are some updates...

Source CNN 12/27/04.

Kuwait has pledged over $2 million in aid.
Australia has pledged $7.8 million.
Spanish authorities said they would send an initial
$1.3 million.

12/30/04 The Star News reported...
Dutch pledged $2.7 million.
Denmark pledged $15.5 million

(WZZM13 News Coverage - 12/30/04) Latest update:
France' total contributions now rank 4th among
European nations. England has pledged $95 million,
topping European contributors.

This is all pretty remarkable and even France has
finally ponied up big-time. So we can't even
criticize France now for being stingy.

The generousity of these nations and many other
nations will make a big difference to a lot of people
who simply don't have the resources to survive without
it, let alone rebuild their lost economies. Thats
what its all about and as usual the USA is right there
with a helping hand...even if it gets bitten in the
process as it has so many times before.

We wish em well and we'll do what we can...