Re: [MV] Heading for the scales, now open...

From: Sonny Heath (sonny@defuniak.com)
Date: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 06:30:53 PST

Bjorn,

You mentioned something one of the DOT people said to you about "If the
vehicle weighs over 10,000 pound it is required to maintain a logbook and go
through the scales even though it has no DOT number pasted to the truck"
Did this mean commercial vehicles or all vehicles?

That one employee, I assume being paid to answer questions, and didn't know
what biodiesel was, is an example of some of the posts I've made about this
subject. Why should I volunteer to stop when they, many times, don't know
their job and can't show it to you in a book covering the subject?

I'll continue on my way until chased down, then ask my list of questions I
have written down and haven't been able to get an answer to.

I'm not commercial so hopefully they won't lock me up.

Sonny