Re: [MV] Heading for the scales, now open...

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 00:13:30 PST

I can only speak from my personal experience at Tennessee scales. Although
my truck is over 26,000 pounds, because it is not used to haul for hire and
it is not rented out, as long as the cargo is mine I do not have to have
CDLs and do not have to stop at scales, do not have to keep log book,
however, the fellow at scales said that even if I was considered a
recreational vehicle I would have many less problems if I would just drive
through scales rather than by pass them and have a trooper stop me because I
did not stop - his words "takes you 5 minutes to drive through, how long
will it take to explain why you did not""

Everette