Re: [MV] Heading for the scales, now open...

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 06:51:09 PST

you said "Whatayasay?"

I learned a long time ago that the person with badge and gun is pretty much
in charge and if there is any discussion it needs to be "yes sir" and "no
sir",. anymore talking should take place in front of the judge.

I never gained a thing by antagonizing a law officer, and the fellows in the
scale house (at least in Tennessee) are quite likely officers of the law.

When I am driving my 3/4 ton truck and pulling 20 foot loaded trailer I
never stop at scales but when driving my military deuce or military 5 ton I
pull across scales and never get more than green light or wave on by.

It seems to work for me pretty well this way, 80% or better I get a hand
salute -which I return - and everybody is happy

Everette