Re: [MV] 12 volt + ground back to - ground system

From: Buzz (buzz@softcom.net)
Date: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 12:38:18 PST

It ain't that easy.
First off there are two types of generators, internally grounded and externally grounded, and two
different ways to polarize them. (I'd disregard the polarity change info on this page)
http://www.texaspowerwagon.com/polarize.htm

Secondly the contact points in the regulator are made of different metals and if run on the wrong
polarity will rapidly pit and burn out.
Military regulators usually are marked with voltage and polarity.
If it's working leave it alone.

Buzz