Fire extinguisher question

From: Stephen L Dussetschleger (dussetschleger@juno.com)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2005 - 14:14:01 PST

  Couple years back I had gotten a couple refill bottles for a military
fire extinguisher outa one of the trucks. A lister offered the refill
bottles & I bought two. Writing on the side of teh box isas follows

4210-00-708-0031
EXTINGUISHER, FIRE
CYLINDER, ASSEMBLY
MONOBROMOTRIFLOUROMETHANE ( whew!)
CHARGED
2.75 LB. CAPACITY
MIL-E-52031D (ME)
1 EACH
METALCRAFT, INC. FH-900-1

  Now, the empty bottle is a bit different in that it was made by
General, but has Property of US govt. on it. manufactured 5-82, doesn't
say what kinda chemical it had in it, but contract # DLA ?00-82-C-1179
  I took teh "valve & Horn assembly" off this old one & it went right
onto the new refill. Right one for sure. If anyone has the right Vlave
& horn assy & wants to know who got me the refill, ask off list & I'll
let you know,
Steve