Re: [MV] 12 volt + ground back to - ground system

From: Bill Kealey (cwkealey@atlanticbb.net)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 08:18:09 PST

To all of you who have responded to my question in this, I thank you.

I openly admit to being very slow where electricity is concerned. The sad
part is that my brother is the Director of Wireless Communications for the
State of Maryland with all kinds of smarts where electronics are concerned
and could have answered the question also, had I asked him. I still don't
understand what the technical aspects are, but get the gist(?) of it ... I
think. (sheepish grin). If nothing else, I understand my limitations ...
then try to get someone else to do the job! <evil grin>

I will keep the comments in my file folder for help with military vehicle
information and future reference. I doubt that the situation will arise
where I personally will need to do the job of converting from pos. to neg.
ground/earth but it is still nice to be able to locate that information
should the need arise.

Again, I thank all of you for helping me (or trying to help me) understand
this. I would have responded earlier but my e-mail was out of service since
last evening.

**************

Making plans to attend the East Coast Rally in Aberdeen/Churchville/Cal
Ripkin Stadium and looking forward to meeting and speaking with with as many
of you as I can.

Last year we ran into trouble with vehicles and only attended for a couple
of hours on the Saturday. My son, who will be 12 by then, and I are hoping
to get the Duece and maybe the Jeep ready by then and possibley camping out
a few days. We'll see.

To all of you, please have a very successful, happy and most of all safe new
year.

Bill Kealey
MVPA 24623
1954 USMC M38A1