Re: [MV] MVs and Scales

From: Bill Kealey (cwkealey@atlanticbb.net)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 09:09:57 PST

Well, Kenneth ... now that you mention it ... one of the guys that I worked
with for 25 years had been a State Trooper as well as Chief of Police in a
small town where he lived before coming with my agency.

As for flipping the bird ... yep ... he had a local trouble maker, nothing
big, just a pain in the "A double scribble" to local law enforcement. The
P.I.T.A. came from a fairly well off family and the parents always managed
to get the guy out of trouble. One day the guy (I think he was in his early
twenties at the time) did exactly what you stated, flipped the bird at my
friend/coworker and was charged with giving an improper turn signal. Found
guilty of that one in district court. The parents didn't pay any attention
to it thinking the judge would let the son go on t his absurd charge. Found
guilty and fined.

No problems after that, the guy also though it was funny and started being
friendly and curtious to the police after that.

Bill K.