Re: [MV] CUCV 12V wiring question

From: Bruce C. Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 20:53:01 PST

Hi John,
    This may sound a bit crazy, but when you check voltage, use a light
instead of a meter.
I say this, because I ran into a problem when I was troubleshooting my
M1008. I would read
12 volts all over the place, but nothing worked. Then I started using a
test lamp, and lo and behold
I couldn't get the bulb to light up. Turns out that one of the batteries
had died in a peculiar way.
You could measure 12 volts across each battery, but the battery that
supplies the lights and stuff
couldn't supply any current. This is probably not the case with you,
but I'd hate it if
it turned out something like that and I didn't say anything.
Bruce