Re: [MV] CUCV 12V wiring question

From: John Doherty (mofta@hiwaay.net)
Date: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 15:41:09 PST

I'm not getting any power to the service light switch either, if it's
actually supposed to be powered. For all I know, it's just a switched
ground connection. But, yes, I did have the right switch in the 'on'
position for regular lights.

I now have the light switch and both of those 'toggles' loose from the dash
in order to get to them better. I don't fit up under the dash so well
anymore.

I noticed that I'm missing a square style relay that mounts behind the dash,
below and to the right of the stock radio opening. It's the one on the
opposite side from the starter relay that is mounted there. I installed one
from another CUCV, but still no joy. No power to those fuses.

Does the wiring from those toggle switches redirect power to the lights
before it goes through the fuse panel or after? Does anyone know whether
they are actually powered switches? Or are these switched ground legs to
relays?

But, that really doesn't seem to make complete sense, that they would be the
entire problem, since I'm only getting power to the 'wiper' fuse location.
The wiper doesn't work, but I've not determined whether it is actually
getting power, or just a bad motor.

The fact that I'm getting 24v at the bottom fuse location does bug me.

John