RE: [MV] McKees Rocks A.F. Specialized Depot

From: Vincent Bloom (vbloom@DUCTMATE.com)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 03:45:56 PST

I never heard of that depot, but here are a few pieces of info that may help your search.

McKee's Rocks, PA is a suburb of Pittsburgh on the Ohio River, not far from Pittsburgh Intl Airport. The 911th Air Force Reserve Airlift Wing operates out of Pittsburgh Airport. In 1952, I'm not sure if the old Pittsburgh Int'l Airport was built or if what is now Allegheny County Airport served as the main airport for Pittsburgh. Also don't know if the 911th was operating then. I'd be surprised if there wasn't some Air Force presence in Pittsburgh then, since Pgh was a major steel producer.

You could try doing some searches on the 911th and see if it's history leads back to that McKee's Rocks Depot somehow.

Where are you located?

Hope this helps.
Vince