Re: [MV] Ikes Surplus

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 23:51:52 PST

Hi Mike...

Thanks for the nice words about MILDOCS.COM. I'm glad you like it.

MILDOCS.com, for those who are new to this list, is a web site that my
company produced and runs. For $20 per year for unlimited access,
MILDOCS.COM lets you search for a single keyword or phrase through
over 22,000 military vehicle and equipment manuals. This lets you
really pin-point the information you need quickly for a specific piece
of equipment. It also offers an NSN search feature that lets you look
up any NSN number (national stock number) and the MILDOCS.com server
will return all the known info on that item.

Soon we will have a reverse lookup for NSN, where you can put in a
keyword or description and get a list of applicable NSNs.

Another feature we are working on will let you perform a keyword
search through electronic manuals, and then instead of downloading the
whole PDF file to view it, you can pop up a single-page extracted from
the PDF file that contains your keyword in context. This will make it
very fast to view contextual information and print off pages to help
you get your restoration and repair work done fast.

That's www.MILDOCS.com ! Subscribe today!

OK, anyway... ;)

We are still looking for an efficient way to enter older TMs (this is
related to Dan's message about converting artillery manuals).

Basically, every page has to be scanned wither as an image (the bad
but easier way) or character scanned (slower, harder, and requires a
bunch of handwork but the final PDF files are searchable text).

So we plan to do that as soon as possible, but nothing yet...sorry!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com