Re: [MV] OT , DO YOU BURN WOOD !

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 14:39:48 PST

You funny guy, Joe.

I will send you a piece of this (nail-free) locust, and you can see the
sparks yourself, in the daytime.

It also burns with little flame, and slowly, too. The ash is almost
non-existent. We call them nature's little D-cells.

Most of the old houses around here are being held up with locust posts that
were put into the ground over 100 years ago, and they have not rotted out
yet.

It's a remarkable wood, even if it is considered an invasive species.(from
China, I think)

apb