Gun Trucks

From: Fred Schlesinger (MTA) (fred@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 08:50:28 PST

Quite a story.

MTA (www.mtaofnj.org) gun truck committee constructed a replica of a Vietnam era Gun truck on a 5
ton truck chassis. The truck, called Satan's Li'l Angel, is a copy of a truck of the same name that
was ambushed in Vietnam. The story and pictures of the truck can be found in the book "The Hard
Ride" http://www.mtaofnj.org/gun_truck_book.html (presently out of stock with us but probably
available elsewhere) At a rally at Fort Eustace, VA the gun truck was spotted by a guy who said that
he served on the gun truck on the day the original truck was destroyed, and lost several of his
comrades to enemy fire on that truck. He was overcome with emotion at seeing Satan's Li'l Angel
again, even in replica http://www.mtaofnj.us/images/Veterans%20Day%202004/DSC02123.JPG . A an
aside, my deuce is the one parked 3 back with the convoy lights.

Anyway, we became friends, he joined our club, even though he is way out of state, and our guys
invite him to come to New Jersey for the NYC Veterans Day parade. He is in the Gun truck in the
pictures in the link below (or at least the back of him is ) riding down Fifth Ave NYC in the
aforementioned truck. And, he has begun building his own replica of another Gun Truck. Additional
pictures of the parade in NYC and gun truck are at the url:
www.mtaofnj.us/Veterans_Day_NYC_2004.htm .

-- Fred
MTA
MVPA