Re: [MV] M35 charging problem

From: kuhrick (kuhrick@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 08:07:45 PST

well talking about the alt. of cars i have driven
the big post has to by wired to the battery system some ware and the
field needs power
i bet its not a 1 wire alt. butt mite by do you have full battery
voltage on the big term of the alt.
i mite try a head light for a load to look at voltage
drop or the voltage at the alt term should be the same as at
battery with motor running a higher voltage at alt term mite mean
a bid wire or bad term. on the wire some ware it haver power use mate
make it alt battery term 1/10 of a volt high butt more and i mite try
a temp wire to see it that fix's it like 2 jumper cables or something
that is i',talking about a car if your truck has waterproof plugs that
makes you work harder and a army alt test set would make your work
less hair pulling
i would think most real alt.gen. and starter shops should be able to
repair it
cat dozers some are 24 volt so they real shops should have the
test hard ware unless you have the waterproof plugs
ken
kb9yku
aka
safemale