Re: [MV] M35 hitch for regular trailer -PICS!

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 17:26:09 PST

sorry, bad URL;

http://www.montagar.com/~patj/m35/m35_drophitch_01.JPG

Considering the turning radius of the truck, I think it's OK. I
do not plan to try to back the trailer around any severe corners.
The width is 12", so it's close to what a pickup truck has for
clearance.

It's attached to the truck with the same two grade-8 3/4" bolts
(1 1/8" wrench size) which mounted the pintle hook. The plates of
the pintle are also there, the rear one can be seen. I plan to
take this apart again and blow a hole through the back plate of
the hitch so I can put the pintle back on. I will need to use a
thinner washer on the rear of the pintle, between the nut and the
inside plate. The washer is, I think, mostly to keep grease in.

Patrick

--

Best regards,

Patrick