RE: [MV] Army buying a Sherman

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 11:45:21 PST

At 8:43 PM +0100 1/18/05, Nigel Hay -MILWEB wrote:
>In fact I am wrong and Ryan is right, I retire humbled to my trench

I'm only right because I looked closely and then looked at several
sites to confirm what I was seeing. Even then I had to closely read
what I posted because I realized that I'd mixed up saying Vertical
and horizontal in several places.

Suffice to say, after close examination, it's clear it's not an
M4A3-Easy Eight. There were only so many close support 105mm shermans
built anyhow, so it's nice to know this one is coming home.

Anyone want to mount an expedition to Iraq to find WWII British and
American Armor? Bet you there are some nice Matildas and armored cars
over there. All the photo's of the rusted Brens and Vickers MGs
planned for destruction makes me want to cry.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -