Woohoo!! -2 F and the M35 starts!!

From: Mike Maynard (mike@wesleyscott.com)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 14:34:15 PST

On a whim, while I was out cleaning the driveway I decided to see if my
deuce would start at -2F... with NO flame heater!!! For some reason my
flame heater doesn't work, and I have been wondering if I care enough to fix
it. I guess based on this attempt tonight, I don't see why I would. It did
crank a little longer than normal, but I gave it a few breaks. I think it
took maybe 5 tries with crank bursts of 20 seconds.... :-D I am a happy
man... as my Father in Law couldn't get his 97 F250 Powerstroke to start
this morning!! ;-)

Mike