Re: [MV] M-101 trailer crank jack

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 08:05:34 PST

But seriously, I have two 3/4 ton M101CDN trailers that have crank up feet
mounted on the side of the frame on a pivot. I haven't had any luck finding
similar crank jacks of the same length at auto part or RV stores to convert
my two US M116A1/A2 trailers yet, but it hasn't exactly been a nation wide
search either.
    I can take some photos of the setup and post them if you'd like. It's
really a KISS system, better than the US types. The Canadians have a smaller
force structure and work smarter, not harder. Seems the US uses four
soldiers (one drives, one directs which way to move truck, two to lift
trailer up and horse trailer onto pintle) to do the same task the Canadians
do with two (one cranks up trailer, steps aside to direct driver to back
vehicle up under raised lunette)....

     BTW....anyone know the reasoning behind why the Canadian M101
designation trailer is a 1/4 ton jeep trailer (think US M416) while the
M101CDN is a 3/4 ton?

Ronzo