[MV] Volvo C304 Resoration/Customization

From: Stephen Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 14:44:01 PST

Hello David,

> Thanks for your contribution to the Volvo/pinz/Landrover FC subject,
> you
> have saved me from saying the same. I would add that in my opinon both
> the
> Volvo and the Pinz are a better class of vehicle than the dear old
> Landrover
> FC. Perhaps while mentioning design criteria one should not omit the
> Unimogs
> a supremely capable and adaptable range and like the Pinz are still in
> production and undergoing continued development

After reading many passionate debates between offroaders using Pinzs,
Mogs, and LRs... here are my two bits from what they say about the
stock vehicles:

If you want the best offroad vehicle, but don't care how fast or
comfortable the ride is on a highway or bumpy rural route, go with a
Mog.

If you care more about the on road ride than off road capabilities, go
with a LR.

If you want something that is a good compromise between on and off
road, go with a Pinz.

Parts and servicing are also issues. Seems that each vehicle has its +
and - in regards to expenses. I believe that for every day stuff the
Pinz is probably easier and cheaper to work on, but if something goes
wrong with a portal axel or the complex drivetrain... OUCH!

Steve