RE: [MV] Ebay seller * FRANKS SURPLUS **

From: Glenn Shaw (mpmutt@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 15:42:52 PST

Hi All
For those that are not premier business members of Paypal, this is the
reason for the shipping problems. And for the record I will only ship to a
nonconfirmed address if I receive payment by check, cashiers check or money
order same as Frank. The payment MUST be in a non revokable form and
cleared. The reason is simple and you are going to see it more and more
now. Paypal is not a bank, they are a money transfer service and make their
own rules. One thing they recently put into effect was a mandatory program
called the Seller Protection Plan. What this is is two pronged. First
anyone who decides to buy something with Paypal and follows their rules can
just decide that there was something not right with the deal and demand a
chargeback from Paypal. Selling something posted as "as is" does not matter
to Paypal. A lot of sellers are being burned by this and it is being
greatly abused by dishonest buyers. Paypal will automatically now grant
the chargeback and/or freeze the funds. The second part of this is the
seller only has a right to dispute the chargeback if they follow Paypal
rules or as Frank puts it "Paypal Law". One of the rules is the sale had to
be to a person who is confirmed and the shipment had to be sent to a
confirmed address. Otherwise the seller automatically loses his right to
dispute the chargeback. I have been burned and many other sellers have also
including Frank. So now it has to go to a confirmed address if you use
Paypal. If you don't like it, get a the address confirmed. Simple as that.
Don't blame Frank. This is also the reason that you see BidPay appearing
more and more as sellers become fed up with Paypal and their crap. I hope
this explanation helps those that are trying to figure this all out.

Regards
Glenn
MVPA
MTA