Re: [MV] The game's afoot, (continued)

From: JTravis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 11:39:56 PST

Mike wrote:

>Haven't you committed a crime yourself if you actually run his CC # with no intention of sending him the parts? There is a one in a million chance he actually wants the parts and it is a legal CC. Telling the judge it was all fun and games will be a poor defense.

That's easy enough to deal with. "Oops, we're sorry- that part is on
Back Order. We'll ship it just as soon as we receive it." which means
"When your credit card charge actually clears, and the company has
enough time to go back and find it was stolen (or not), THEN we will
send you the goods- once we REALLY have your money, if indeed you are
legitimate and pigs have rown wings..." That way, it's not "fraud",
it's merely a supply chain snafu. Happens all the time. If he balks,
offer to ONLY credit the card account back, with a "slight" delay in
processing. There's ways to handle these scumbags without breaking the
law yourself, although I DO love the ones who have them send a picture
of themselves with a fish on their heads, or holding up a degrading
sign, as "confirmation" of identity. Justice may be blind, but at least
it can be poetic at times.

Jay