Re: [MV] fouling sparkplug and timing question about M151

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2005 - 16:24:57 PST

High voltage is funny stuff, it has weird ways about
it. Just ask any Amateur Radio operator.

A cracked insulator will cause a weak spark or no
spark at all, on the other side of the argument, NO
ground connection, or a poor ground connection will
cause such to happen, too. By "ground" I mean return
path to the magneto, that being a poor connection
between the plug and the head of the cylinder, dirty
threads, oil is an INSULATOR. Also, carbon tracking,
or other impurities making a resistive path from the
center conductor to ground.

All of the above could happen to the wires, too. Run
the engine in a dark garage and see if you can spot
any arcing along the wires, connection, etc.

Joe