Re: [MV] Ebay seller

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2005 - 17:57:59 PST

OK, so the USAF, OUR cost is no object USAF, the one and the same USAF that
buys thousand dollar toilet seats and $500 hammers, is buying equipment from
a contractor who is buying stuff on Ebay to fulfill the specifications of
some contract for a program of unknown purpose. The same type of exhaustive,
tedious specifications that run ten pages to describe a screw used to hold a
bathroom stall together? I must not be reading those specification sheets
close enough. I must be missing where it says the item must be manufactured
in the USA OR CAN be purchased from an unknown, uncertified US Ebayer
supplying a product that is guaranteed to not be DOA on arrival as long as
it is covered by the PayPal Buyer Protection Plan. And not a soap dispenser,
or drinking glasses, but " cetain (sp) piece of advanced computer
equipment."
    And the USAF is good to go with this and has complete knowledge and
confidence in both the source and quality of the equipment and the ability
of the contractor to guarantee the equipment and the performance of it?
    What next, contract fulfillment by Big Lots and All for A Dollar stores?
How about Big Louie and 'It fell off a Truck' Bargain Outlets. Maybe GL can
start selling surplus from one service to fill RFPs and IFBs for other
branches, and start saving us big bucks while making big profits...

    Please, I was born at night, but it wasn't last night....