Re: [MV] More test results ... re M151 mystery miss

From: JTravis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 21:44:38 PST

Nahh. It couldn't be THAT easy. Refresh my memory; does this motor
connect the crankshaft to the camshaft by a timing chain, or direct
gears? 'Cause it sounds like a streched timing chain that is letting it
get just enough slack under load to screw with the timing, but not
enough to show when turning the motor over by hand. Is it a chain? If
so, a new chain and gears (crank and cam) may just cure what ails ya!

Jay