Re: [MV] Humvee's for sale Q's for the list....

From: EUGENE PANTANO (TRUKS1@msn.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 07:40:06 PST

A lot of them came out as "residue"...which opens them up to sales to anyone
that wants to put them together. Perfectly legal..and no problem at all.
Then again - it is up to the States to decide..My State could care
less..they want the registrationa and title money..
You see - it is not about whether or not they want them on the road --it is
about "they want the money"..
A local scrapper here bought about 30 of them..and I put them on the list
and sold them in days --for like $2500 eash..They are perfectly legal
"builders" that will require titling through title companies or through the
State MV Divisions... No big deal.. Anything over $8,000 is reaching...for
"residue"..Scrap price is about $200..!!! So selling them for $2500 was
more than fair.. I could easily have asked $5000..! But..I know the shipping
costs and the costs to find all the parts gets way up there..
My 2 cents..Gene