RE: [MV] HMMWV HD halfshafts

From: Glenn Shaw (mpmutt@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 10:40:31 PST

Hi Vadim
By HD I assume you mean the 12,100 GVW hummers such as shelter carriers etc.
They are not a drop in. You will need to change the input gear on the hub,
and there are some other issues if you decide to go with the larger rotors.
See www.humvee.net and look in the Hummer Info Database. There are quite a
few guys that have done things with these shafts. The original halfshafts
and the later A1 style 10,300 GWV halfshafts do swap and the A1 shafts are
an upgrade from the original 80's vintage humvee units.

Later
Glenn
MVPA
MTANJ