Re: [MV] Mom's Oven vs Rust locked Engine Block

From: Mark W (mnm3693234@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 08:38:53 PST

There is a lot of talk here about removing rusted
pistons. What I always did is just get a wood block
about the size of the piston and use a hammer with it
and beat the pistons out. Up the hammer size till
they come out. Simple as that.

Mark

--- machinehop5@hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This may sound/be to simple but, Mom's baking Oven
> at about 220 degrees
> might work on pistons rusted to <a
href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=cast%20iron"
onmouseover="window.status='cast iron'; return true;"
onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">cast
iron</a> engine