Re: [MV] shop secutiry

From: grntrks@juno.com
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 20:18:36 PST

One of the great things about living in Texas THE RIGHT TO DEFEND YOUR
FAMILY, PROPERTY, AND POSSIONS PERIOD!!!!!
 A few years back, ( 10 yrs ) my son came and told me someone was trying
to break into our storage shed. I loaded my revolver and slipped out the
back door. I shouted for him to freeze but he ran instead and jumped a
pasture fence. Since he was moving at a pretty good pace and I had no
hope of catching him, I put 3 rounds into the ground beside him as he
went. MAN, that feller could really run after that! I should mention
that at aprox. 11:00 p.pm a pistol makes a lot of noise.

Can't do that anymore, tho'. The pasture is now a sub-division of 1 acre
lots. NUTS! No trouble for 10 years, then a couple months ago 2 punks
walked all the way down my drive ( 75 feet ) from the road, with my 400
watt flood light on, no less. 9 o'clock at night. I got my trusty
sidearm, stepped out the back door as they were picking up my portable
generator, and said "What the f%^& are you doing in my driveway?" As they
dropped the generator and turned to run I mentioned in a VERY LOUD VOICE
"I'll blow your ( explitive deleted) head off." Then I fired one shot
into the ground next to my house. Then I called the Sheriff. When the
deputy arrived I told him what happened and showed him the hole in the
ground, and was told off-the-record, if it happened again to drop 'em in
their tracks!!

I have since learned the word is out amongst the hoodlums in the area to
stay away from the place with the "army truck"-- the guy WILL shoot you.

I don't think I could kill anyone for stealing but , I often think it
would be great to shoot 'em in the leg a little bit.

Frank Cox ' Nam 1966
MVPA 14530
'45 GMC 353 DUKW