RE: [MV] CUCV Starting Problems

From: Stu Ellis (stuinnh@mvnut.us)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2005 - 14:19:39 PST

Hi!
2 things-

1. Have you replaced fuel pressure switch? Will cause major starting
problems if bad. You can burn out starter trying to get started- I speak
from experience. $20 fix

2. I installed 12v electric fuel pump and bypassed mechanical one. I wired
it to block so that when I turn key to on, it starts priming system. Also,
primes filter with no cranking.

I have never had a problem since. Replace fuel pressure switch if not
already done.

Also are glow plugs lighting?

              "Stu"
Southern New Hampshire, USA