Re: [MV] CUCV Glow Plugs

From: Ted Hintopoulos (hint@northnet.org)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 05:44:54 PST

At 21:34 02/20/05 -0600, Sonny Heath wrote:
>Are the glow plugs for the CUCV and the HMMWV the same item?
>On my CUCV the plug has a flat end on it where you slide the
>wire end on and the HMMWV one I bought has round ends so the wire won't fit
>on. Is this normal or are they different in that way?

The CUCV types (flat end) are basically 12V type plugs.
In a good working system, the plugs each see about 12-14 Volts.

The HMMWV types (round end) are basically 24V plugs.
The plugs all get 24Volts. No dropping resistor pack is used.
The plugs should only be heated for a max of
8 seconds at a time.

You wouldn't hurt anything using HMMWV plugs on a CUCV.
They simply will not get as hot, cold weather starting maybe prolonged.

Thats the short story.
Ted.