Re: [MV] CUCV Glow Plugs

From: Caleb Pal - MilVeh (m1009@defcon-3.net)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 14:08:13 PST

Hey,

Well I was rather ticked a couple months when all 8 of my new 13G's swelled
in my CUCV. Two weeks after I bought them, the truck wouldn't start. All 8
plugs had swelled and failed. Yesterday just for the heck of it, I bought a
13G out of the same batch from the auto parts store, and hooked it to a 12v
battery. Within 20 seconds the head had swelled. I shut it down, hooked it
up again, and next time within 15 seconds the plug had failed. Needless to
say, I wasn't impressed. I bought a batch of 60G's that came directly from
the Seattle Napa DC, and those have been in for 2 months no problems. I am
filing a claim this week with napa for the cost of the plugs, and the labor
of extracting all of the wrecked 13G's.

Moral of the story, put something besides 13G's in, 60G's seem to be ok, but
I do notice the extra power draw.

Caleb