Re: [MV] XM410E1

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2005 - 22:52:18 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "chris kahlert" <probie@hotmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 10:16 PM
Subject: [MV] XM410E1

More still:

"At one time I owned 3 of the trucks you have mentioned and they are all you
say BUT (note the big but) they did have some weak spots. the differentials
and CV joints (four per axle) were too weak for the job and were easily
blown. FMC made the CV joints. I don't know if they were made for something
else or are still available but I would guess not on the later. They were
experimental and that often happens. As for the one by you, (one I've seen
but not owned) it has a good tail gate and that's about it. All the drive
train is out and alot of the Aluminum is gone. At best it would be a strange
dunebuggy but won't ever swim again. The wheel bolt pattern is the same but
the center holes are too small and the bolt holes them selves are a smaller
diameter with no bevels or champher. The 14X18 nondirectional are a bit hard
to find replacements for. There is an E1 also not far from you. Chris you
can E-mail me for details on that."

(stolen from http://www.t137.com/archives/wwwboard43/messages/431033.html )