MILITARY TRANSPORT ASSOC. SHOW & SWAP MEET APRIL 2-3, 2005

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 15:12:21 PST

THE "MTA" MILITARY TRANSPORT ASSOCIATION WILL HOLD OUR ANNUAL SHOW & SWAP
MEET ON APRIL 2-3, 2005. DOVER NJ NATIONAL GUARD ARMORY ON RT 15. USE
EXIT 34 FROM RT 80 EAST OR WEST. FOLLOW RT 15 SOUTH & THE ARMORY IS ON YOUR
LEFT.

INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE ON: www.mtaswapmeet.us Vendor
Table/Space Layout & SOLD/Unsold listing is shown. If your name is
not on the sold list, act now.

INSIDE 8' TABLES $30 are rented or requested. THE OTHERS ARE GOING QUICKLY.
ACT NOW - this is one of the largest shows in the East.

OUTSIDE 15' x 15' SPACES $20 ARE ALSO GOING QUICKLY.

Show Hours are: Sat: 8 - 6 Sun: 8-2 An entry donation is
requested to help defray the rental, set up & clean up costs.

HOTEL/MOTEL Accommodations with club discounts are listed on
www.mtaswapmeet.us (Scroll down)

Set up for Vendors is on Friday Afternoon. A fork lift is available to
help unload & load.

The list of vendor is extensive: Vehicle Parts (New/TO/Repro) , Radio
Parts, Canvas, Military Clothing (Indoor & Outdoor), Boots, Field Gear,
Military Collectibles, Historic Collectibles, Dog Tags & Medals, AND MUCH
MORE. Look for the great looking "Redhead" at Jim Hanleys (OHIO) tables
in the E Section..

MILITARY VEHICLES: WW II, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf & more will be on display.

SPECIAL VEHICLE: "Satan's Lil Angel" Vietnam Gun Truck built by MTA
Members will be on display. Donations gladly accepted towards the project.
A new transmission is needed prior to the parade season.

Overnight Security will be provided on Friday & Saturday nights. Display
Vehicles may be brought in on Friday. Special arrangements for Heavy
Vehicles on Thursday can be arranged by contacting the individuals in
charge. Go to: committee@mtaswapmeet.us

PARKING: Overflow parking will be at the Rockaway Town Square Mall &
Contract Buses bring visitors back & forth continuously.

Look for the "KWVA KOREAN WAR VETERANS ASSOCIATION Trailer. Learn about
"The Forgotten War" You are invited to read al the posters on the walls &
KWVA Members will be available to answer questions. If you have served
DURING Korea or SERVED IN Korea since the War, you are eligible for
membership & requested to join the KWVA. $30 per year is not much to help
support Korean Veterans. Look for my M38A1 near the trailer. Pictures are
allowed in my M38A1. This makes a great family picture for your album.
Some families take an annual picture.

The Vietnam Veteran have TABLE A-4, and will gladly help anyone from that
Era. They have many items for sale to raise $$$ to help Vietnam Veterans.

The "MTA" will have a table inside with many nice items for sale. "MVPA"
Military Vehicle Preservation Society items are also available.

FYI: The MTA has raised funds for the SUPPORT THE TROOPS efforts. We
have been sending multiple packages every week to activated troops. Some
of the troops are from the Dover NJ Armory. Some recently have returned
from IRAQ. Hopefully they will be fully rested & be at the show.

More updates soon. Especially after club members contact me & tell me
what I forgot. I forget things on purpose, just to see if they really read
my updates.

Long Distant vendors/displayers, let me know & I will show people just how
wide our support is during this show. So far: Ohio, Upstate NY, LI,
South NJ.

Stop in the KWVA trailer & say "Hello" See you there.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
M-416 Trailer
Korean War Veterans Association State Commander
KWVA Lee J McClellan Chapter #213 Commander
MVPA, MTA