RE: [MV] (MV) 12 volt M38a1

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 10:41:47 PST

When I go to the MVCC meets, I see a good number of jeeps that have been
converted to 12V; GPW, M38A1, etc. People converting theirs to ____ and
replacing ____ with a civy _____ aren't so evil... I bought most of the
parts I need from people converting their M38A1's with 12V parts or even
a V6 (or more). I got an engine off a guy supping up his with a Chevy
350. Without him it could have been a long time before I found a loose
M38A1 engine for sale. As much as it may make some of us cringe (me
included) they're putting parts back on the market. For a guy like me
restoring what was salvaged junk, I don't think I could have done it
correctly with the right parts without guys like this.

Aaron Horrocks
ARG, NRA, Mopar Alley, & MVCC Member
1952 M38A1
1970 Plymouth